The fundamental idea on which eDock is based is to separate the concepts of product and listing, sometimes mixed up by users that sell only on a particular Marketplace.
For eDock, a product is a product that has a series of characteristics (name, description, product code, image, etc.). The product, with its characteristics, once added in products (catalogue of eDock) it is ready to be published in the form of eBay listing.
The publication on eBay requires other information that are peculiar for the listing (and not for the product), among them: eBay user, type of selling- chosen between “Auction” or “Buy it Now”, limited time remaining, showcase, etc.
This fundamental distinction that eDock makes between Product and Listing offers various distinctions for the professional seller:
- Sell the same article on eBay with a given price and on the ecommerce website with another price
- Keep synchronised the availability of the warehouse (e.g. between eBay and ecommerce website or eBay and the managing program)
- Create an ecommerce website starting from the listings on eBay
- Sell on other Marketplaces like eBay, Amazon, Spartoo, etc. without having to write again the information of the product (because the information are centralized and listed on the “products” menu of eDock.
This is why an eBay listing can be created using eDock only after you add the products in Products and link a list with the channel eDock4eBay.
eDock offers to its users 4 ways to make listings on eBay:
These four ways are:
those who need a little more practice and does not know well the world of eBay. This type of listing, that is not so fast, facilitates the comprehension of the logic and of the characteristics needed to publish ad and to sell. The single listing can be widely personalized and allow the listing of a single product at a time.
those who search for a type of listing faster and are willing to give up a perfect descriptive profile of the product.
those who need to create a big quantity of listings. The processing times can be long but the description of the product can be personalized. Massive listings can be made through Excel or CSV files.
those who load their own stock through a manging program or through Excel or CSV file and for those who, for any reason, need to open and close the listings.
Buttons and their function
- Create and select a new listing
- Update listings
- Duplicate listings
- Delete listings
- Publish listings
- Import orders/ Import listings
- Filter according to: Applied filters, Product code, Listing title, eBay Market, Item number
- Configure: Product code, Created on, Listing title, eBay Market, Item number
- Sort: listing title increasing/decreasing