To keep synchronized the different marketplaces (eBay, Amazon, Facebook, etc.) with one’s own ecommerce website you will need to extract a csv file* (from the website) daily.
The CSV file, if well completed is useful to update the data related to the selling, to the number of products, to the orders, etc.
The technical specifications on which the website is based can present two scenarios:
- The platform chosen for the ecommerce website allows a certain “autonomy”
The ecommercewebsite is developed on a platform (or ecommerce engine) that allows the extraction of the csv file in an autonomous way. As a consequence, the synchronization between the website and eDock is parallel. The File N(updated) is compared to a similar file: the File V (referred to the day before). The differences in terms of quantity etc. are directly sent to the seller’s eDock account.
- The platform chosen for the ecommerce website does not allow a certain “autonomy”
The ecommercewebsite cannot extract the CSV file in an autonomous way. You will need to generate the document manually (a csv file) and send it in a given area (ETP space). This operation allows to the File N(updated) to be confronted with a similar file: the File V (referred to the day before). The differences in terms of quantity etc. are directly sent to the seller’s eDock account.
In both cases the aim of the operation is to move the products from the website to eDock>Products.
How to do:
- Extract the csv file ("autonomous" or "not autonomous") from one’s own ecommerce website.
- The file is sent directly to Scenario 1 or eDock.
- The file is moved to a FTP space (scenario 2) and then sent to eDock.
Once finished the operations, you will find on eDock every product that can be found in the website. The products coming from: www.mySite.com are ready to be sold in other markets.
The update of the data related to the product will concern:
Quantity of the products
- From www.com to eDock, through the CSV file
- FromeDock through mySite.com manually.
- From www.com to eDock through the CSV file
- From eDock to www.com: It is recommended to modify the information referred to one’s own products (sold on www.mySite.com) directly from the ecommerce website.
- Changed into variation of the quantity (cfr. see the point up here).
* with a precise criterion, through a file called Documento tecnico di integrazione (see the atteachment below). The parameters needed to fill in the document must be respected with great care, the aim is create a CSV file supported by eDock.