To use one’s own managing program with eDock it is necessary (as for the ecommerce website), to extract the file csv (from the managing program) daily.
The file is useful to update the data related to the orders, to the number of products, to the selling, etc.
According to the characteristics of one’s own managing program we can find two specific scenarios:
- The managing program allows a certain “autonomy”
The managing program allows the extraction of the CSV file in an autonomous way. The File N(updated) is compared to a similar file: the File V (referred to the day before). The differences in terms of quantity etc. are directly sent to the seller’s eDock account.
- The managing program does not allow a certain “autonomy”
The managing program cannot extract the CSV file in an autonomous way. You will need to generate the document manually (a csv file) and send it in a given area (FTP space). This operation allows to the File N(updated) to be confronted with a similar file: the File V(referred to the day before). The differences in terms of quantity etc. are directly sent to the seller’s eDock account.
In both cases the operation ensures the migration of products from one’s own managing program to eDock> Products
How to do:
- Extract ( "autonomous" or "not autonomous" ) from the file CSV from one’s own managing program
- The file is sent directly to eDock (“autonomous” managing program)
- The file is sent to a FTP space (“not autonomous” managing program) and then sent to eDock
eDock, by the end of such operations, will be “populated” by every product present on the managing program. The products coming from myManagingProgram are ready eventually for the selling on other markets.
The update of the data related to the products involves:
Quantity of products
- From myManagingProgram toeDock, through the CSV file
- FromeDock to myManagingProgram occurs manually
- From myManagingProgramto eDock through the CSV file
- FromeDock to myManagingProgram. We suggest you to modify the information of your products directly from myManagingProgram.
- They are transformed in variation on the quantities (cfr. the point cited before)
CHARACTERS SUPPORTED IN THE CSV FILE
In case of particular font or characters with written accent (e.g. à, è, ò), the CSV encoding is UTF-16. Other encoding like ANSI, ISO-...., UTF-8 are not imported for technical reasons.
The limit of the file dimension is 1GB (easily reachable with UTF-16 encoding). If the lists weight more than 1GB it will be necessary to split them into lighter dimensions.